every time I listen to Florence + the Machine I turn into a literal meadow dwelling nymph who wears raindrops as hats and sunbathes on a lilypad
in grade 8 i did a power point presentation on “whooping cough” and my opening slide was a photo of whoopi goldberg coughing and i was the only person who laughed at it and i couldnt start the presentation for like five minutes because i was laughing too hard at my own joke
Hank Green is my current emotion
if that was one of the options on the new facebook status feature, that’s all I would ever use
THEM singing and playing WILSEN’s ‘John James’. Shot by Spindle Room productions http://spindleroom.tumblr.com/
This is probably one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard. This also struck me immediately as being perfect for The Hunger Games soundtrack, and now that’s all I want with my life.
Nerdfighter Benedict? Or just failed Vulcan?
As far as I can tell, there are eight possibilities here. (I’ve spent a fair bit of time thinking about this.)
1. Benedict Cumberbatch is a hardcore nerdfighter and when Martin Freeman threw up a gang sign, Cumberbatch was like, “I have one of those.”
2. Cumberbatch, who obviously has a relationship with Star Trek, just naturally changed the Vulcan sign (pulling in the thumbs, turning the palms inward, crossing the arms) in precisely the same way that I happened to change the Vulcan sign when I first made the nerdfighter sign in the halcyon days of 2007.
3. One of the interns on set who has gained the trust of Benedict Cumberbatch was like, “If you do your hands like this, the Internet will get really excited.” And so he did.
4. BBC, in their infinite wisdom, staged the entire photo and Cumberbatch was taught the nerdfighter sign (I MEAN LOOK AT THE PERFECTION OF HIS NERDFIGHTER SIGN! He seems so comfortable and confident in it, almost as if it is muscle memory, almost as if he has flashed it to his laptop screen on hundreds of occasions in the past, but I digress) and this photograph was staged to get people psyched for Sherlock, although what tiny segment of nerdfighteria is not already psyched for Sherlock? Also, if this is the case, who is Martin Freeman trying to advertise to? Residents of the West Side?
5. Benedict Cumberbatch has a relative or a friend who is a nerdfighter and so he is passingly familiar with nerdfighteria and liked what he has seen and wanted to make us all very happy.
6. The nerdfighter sign also happens to be the hand sign of some obscure English gang with which I am unfamiliar called like The East London Wanderers or The Slightly Intimidating Liverpudlians or whatever.
7. Nerdfighteria actually figures in the plot of the new season of Sherlock. Perhaps a nerdfighter has been (wrongly no doubt!) accused of a murder.
8. Benedict Cumberbatch was playing some kind of British version of Rock Paper Scissors against two invisible opponents, and he went double scissors (as any smart person would).
I THINK IT WOULD BE SAFE TO SAY THAT WE ARE FREAKING OUT
WE REALLY LIKE YOU
THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING US
(imma just second hand freak out because OH MY GOSH YOU GUSY)
i’m still not over it
I don’t think I’ll ever be over it
i bet this person failed
That does NOT look like #2 pencil.
[I apologise for in advance for the wall of text. I hope that at least some of you find this interesting like I did.]
This is the story of how I died a little or a theory of the timeline of the events between 16th May — 27th May 2012
So I’ve been looking at old LBD transmedia stuff and I think I’ve found out some interesting things. Trying to trace a timeline of events occurred is almost like putting together pieces of a puzzle.
According to my deductions, I think that it’s possible to know when Darcy found out about Gigi’s involvement with Wickham. I think it was around mid-May (I’d risk saying that it might have been on the 16th), around the time Lizzie’s video #12 came out (see gifs above).
Why do I say this? Because on the 16th Caroline mentions that Darcy is going away on a “business” trip. Look at the early beginnings of Gigi’s Twitter, to what she was listening to and watching on the 13th and contrast those with the movies she was watching on the 17th and the 19th (not to mention the song from the 4th June). I see a change there. My idea is that something happened (aka Wickham left Gigi).
Then see Darcy’s Twitter exchanges with Bing and Caroline on the 20th and on the 23rd (click on them to see all the tweets). Despite his vague answers to them, we can see that he is in a low mood. Related to Gigi’s situation, perhaps? I can only imagine the discussions between them right after Wickham went away. Gigi’s comments on Lizzie’s video #82 suggest that. Of course that that would affect both Gigi and Darcy (see what Darcy said on the Domino episode #2 and how Gigi reacts). When invited to go out (see exchange on the 23rd), Darcy doubts he’d “be the best company at the moment”. Well, that’s an understatement given everything that happened. Bing even said “don’t sit in the house alone all night” and asks him to have just one drink with them and Darcy eventually gives in.
If my theory is correct, then we have to keep in mind that the events described in episodes #14 (according to Lizzie, it was recorded on the 21st and referred to what had occurred the previous night) and #15 (still about same night or at least about a subsequent night in the same week) happened while the Gigi/Wickham/Darcy issues were still pretty recent.
This gives us a deeper insight to what was going on with Darcy at that time. He was hiding what had happened from everyone (besides Fitz, I think?). I just try to imagine how Darcy must have felt like, the mix of feelings (anger, sadness, guilt, frustration…) the guy was trying to deal with, putting on a mask, and, on top of that, I believe it was around this time that he really started to develop feelings for Lizzie (e.g.: the infamous episode #15). Whoa.
Bonus: in early June, Wickham was already flirting with Lizzie (episode #18). What a douche.
This kind of stuff just makes me appreciate the show even more. Transmedia team, I tip my hat to you.
tl;dr: Darcy family feels overload. Kthxbye.
this is how Heysticks makes his breakfast
how did this get 20 notes before I even saw it
Hold on I’m dying. Hold on.
favourite celebrity meme | 1/4 photoshoots